The Springfield Thunderbirds are currently seeking a Media Relations/Broadcasting Intern for the 2017-18 American Hockey League season. This will be a hands-on experience, providing interns the chance to gain relevant expertise in the field. This internship position will be responsible for assisting the Manager of Media/Community Relations & Broadcasting in tasks including but not limited to:
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with all local and regional media outlets.
• Coordinating and writing game night and feature content for Thunderbirds’ web and social media outlets.
• Developing and distributing game notes and other game night information to press and media members.
• Facilitating media requests at games.
• Continuing ongoing research of team, players, history, etc.
• Researching and developing ideas relating to Thunderbirds’ community programs and events.
• Establishing and managing production and distribution of credentials.
• Various statistical research and projects.
• Postgame updating of player bios/game notes.
STUDENTS INTERESTED IN CAREERS IN PLAY-BY-PLAY BROADCASTING OR LOOKING TO EARN ON-AIR EXPERIENCE ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO SALARY OR STIPEND WITH THIS POSITION.
- Work ALL Springfield Thunderbirds home games during the 2016-17 season.
Strong hockey knowledge and interest is highly recommended and encouraged.
Work pre-arranged office hours during week.
College student working towards a career in media relations/public relations may earn college credit for internship.
If not a local student, willing to relocate at own expense and find housing.
Must conduct themselves with professional attitude and appearance at all times.