This position is designed to work as a paid sales representative during each game in which
scheduled. This is a part time position with a focus on in-game merchandise preparation, presentation,
and execution. The Checkers merchandise sales position is a structured opportunity for you to learn,
grow, and contribute in a professional setting. The Checkers strive to provide a creative and entertaining
platform to reach fans through community initiatives and an affordable-family sporting event.
• Work paid in-game merchandise operations for scheduled Charlotte Checkers games
throughout the duration of the season including potential playoff games (Weekdays & Weekends)
• With other sales representatives, create and maintain a merchandise in-game store from setup to
breakdown for each game
• Assist in merchandise initiatives; generate ideas and programs that increase the team’s overall
outreach and ROI while satisfying fans’ interests and wants
• Develop a strong understanding of retail software and inventory
• Other beneficial learning objectives as assigned
• High School Diploma, or equivalent required.
• Ideal candidate is pursuing a college degree in Sport Management, Marketing, Retail
Merchandise, or closely related field. (Charlotte area universities/colleges preferred) Not
• Positive attitude
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
• Flexibility to work long (no more than 7 hours) and irregular hours, including weekends, evenings
and surrounding holidays, as assigned
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however during events, the noise
level may be louder than a typical work environment
Availability: Games are nights and weekends, typically from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m.
to 5 p.m. Please note we are able to work with employees schedules given the availability is reported with
advance notice to the Merchandise Manager.
Contact Katherine Bridenstine at email@example.com with any questions.