Overview: Seeking an individual with previous mascot experience to fulfill community appearance requests in the Des Moines area. The position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and to learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working events and some home games. This is a part-time paid position.
• Work on a part-time basis as Crash, the official mascot of the Iowa Wild.
• Executing mascot appearances in the community will be your main focus.
• Perform in a supporting role during Iowa Wild home games.
• Perform and/or provide support to community and team appearances. This may include but is not limited to sponsors, charities, media and private functions.
• Responsible for mascot costume operations including creativity, care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
• Work directly with the Game Operations, Sales, Community Relations, and Public Relations departments with appearances and promotions.
• Further the mission statement and reputation of the Iowa Wild and Crash in the community.
• Previous experience is a must.
• Must be well organized and dependable
• Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions and client’s needs or wants relating to the mascot.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly.
• Perform mascot duties in a manner deemed acceptable according to the Iowa Wild’s standards.
• Must be local to Des Moines and able to carry out appearances in the metro and the surrounding counties
• Must be available to work flexible hours including some home games, nights, weekday appearances and weekends.
• Fan friendly and outgoing individual.
• Works well with children and other staff members at many events.
• Must be able to work in a costume.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.