The Binghamton Devils are currently seeking Ticket Sales interns for the 2017-18 season. 2017-18 will be the inaugural season for the Binghamton Devils as the American Hockey League affiliate of the New Jersey Devils. Our goal is to maintain an internship program that is beneficial to both the student and the organization. The most important department in any professional sports organization is the ticket sales department. Most jobs in the industry, especially most entry-level jobs, are in the ticket sales area. Therefore, it is imperative that those who wish to work in professional sports have a background, knowledge, and love for selling tickets and the ticket selling process. This internship will give the intern a vast knowledge of how professional sports organizations, especially minor league organizations, increase their ticket sales with season and group tickets. There are up to 4 positions available. Opportunities to earn commission. Please note this is an unpaid internship, college credit is preferred but not required.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO SALARY OR STIPEND WITH THIS POSITION.
• Learn ticket sales process
• Make cold calls to local companies and individuals selling 2017-2018 season memberships and group ticket plans.
• Assist with marketing and promotional campaigns for the ticket sales department
• Assist in the daily operations of the Ticket Sales department
• Creating and maintaining ticket department databases and spreadsheets
• Maintain an organized profile of clients and prospects
• Develop and implement programs for lead generation
• Research and generate sales leads
• Provide customer service and implement customer relations programs both on and off site
• Assist in servicing season ticket holders and other clients
• Assist the sales staff in regard to their clerical duties
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Work at least 30 hours a week in the Binghamton Devils office, some nighttime work required
• Work external events to help promote the Binghamton Devils
• Must maintain professional attitude and appearance, and willing to work hard
• Preference given to those who wish to work in sales in the sports industry
• Must have own transportation and a valid Driver’s License
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE.