Overview: This is a part-time seasonal position within the San Diego Gulls Marketing Department. The Street Team will consist of an energetic group of individuals who are enthusiastic about and committed to promoting the San Diego Gulls Hockey Club. The Street Team’s primary responsibility is to promote the San Diego Gulls through the use of various sales and marketing strategies at Gulls home games and events in the community. Street Team members must be upbeat, outgoing individuals with a strong work ethic who possess the ability to interact with all types of people.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
- Work off-site events (i.e. organization events, sports tournaments, sponsor appearances, etc.) in an effort to promote the Gulls and increase ticket sales. Members are responsible for set-up and teardown at all events.
- Work all Gulls home games and assist with promotional giveaways as needed.
- Assist, as necessary, with other departmental promotional/community events (i.e. Community Relations, Sales, Corporate Partnerships, etc.).
- Host Gulls Watch Parties at local restaurants and bars – hand out premium items, facilitate on-site promotions, communicate general Gulls information and interact with fans.
- Distribute pocket schedules around San Diego County and replenish locations as needed.
- Pass out and discuss promotional and sales collateral at Gulls home games and off-site events.
- Drive Gulls “Promotional Vehicles” to and from events. Make sure vehicles are fully stocked with necessary items for event and unloaded at the conclusion of event, ensuring that the vehicles are kept clean at all times.
- Assist with organization and maintenance of the Marketing Storage Pods.
- Responsible for data cultivation through “register to win” entries and responsible for completing post-event wrap-up forms after every event
- Sell Gulliver’s Kids Club membership kits at all home games and community events as needed
- Assist with other tasks on an as-needed basis.
Specific Qualifications/Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, automobile liability insurance, a reliable source of transportation and a good driving record. A motor vehicle record check will be conducted.
- Ability to handle basic cash transactions when necessary
- Flexible schedule – Must be able to work all home games, nights/weekends and holidays as required.
- Requires prolonged standing; ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions
- Passionate about the San Diego Gulls, the game of hockey and sports in general
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast paced work environment
- Hard working, detail oriented and results driven
- Prior sales experience a plus
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to be a team player and enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fun, energetic and outgoing personality
- Customer-service oriented
- Previous marketing/promotional/event experience preferred
- Experience working for a college or professional sports team a plus
Local candidates preferred. No relocation expenses provided.
*Uniform is provided for this position