This position is responsible for managing ticket sales staff, not only leading by example, but specifically providing direction, ongoing assistance, implementing sales strategies, and direct oversight for the Ticket Sales Department. Director of Ticket Sales will be responsible for recruitment and hiring of ticket sales staff, lead procurement via means of outside networking and prospecting. Candidate is responsible for new business development by selling Iowa Wild season tickets and group seats through phone sales and outside meetings.
- Director of Ticket Sales will direct the staff recruiting process which includes prospecting candidates, interviews, hiring, orientation, and ongoing training
- Create, develop, and implement sales campaigns and strategies specifically in regard to season and flex ticket sales, group sales efforts, and other promotional ticket packages
- Track progress of department by creating reports which will show ticket sales, revenue, goals, and future projections
- Responsible for new business development of all Iowa Wild products through face-to-face presentations, prospecting new clients, following-up on referrals and leads, and cold calling
- Responsible for instruction, oversight, continuous training, having a sales first mentality while managing entire Ticket Sales Department
- Makes 70+ outbound calls daily with customers/new clients prospecting new business
- Prospects and qualifies all new leads and referrals for season tickets, group sales and suite sales
- Meets new business development and sales goals which are defined and outlined within specific quarterly and annual budgets
- Manages sales kiosks, service clients and work other related assignments on game days
- Regularly attend season ticket holder events to maintain and service current ticket holders
- Consistently deliver high-level of customer service to both internal and external clients helping provide world-class service
- Performs other related duties as assigned
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
- A degree in business, communications, sports marketing or related field.
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4-5 years business-to-business sales experience with proven track record of successfully developing and closing new business in a high volume sales environment
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in managing a staff, preferably in sales.
- Proficient computer skills including ability to work with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Positive attitude and desire to be successful while having fun within professional and team oriented environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple duties
- Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with ability to work well independently within a team and results oriented environment
- Available traditional business hours in addition to evenings, weekends and/or holidays for games or events
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature. Physical requirements include sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, lifting, grasping, etc.