The Director, Group Sales is responsible for group sales efforts for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and PPL Center arena events. In this role, the Director will lead the efforts of a team of group events specialist in creating memorable events for group sales patrons as well as meet and exceed annual revenue goals in this category, working alongside the VP of Ticket Sales.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- · Directly lead a staff of 5+ reps that will be responsible for groups sales of both the Phantoms and PPL Center events
- Develop overall group sales outreach plan, manage sales process, payments, and event fulfillment.
- · Create or procure training materials on group projects for sales team as needed.
- · Assist in creation of new group programs and events that increase sales opportunities and overall group tickets/revenue.
- · Effectively manage team lead generation & assignment as well as sales funnel production.
- · Participate and contribute in Ticket Sales Department Leadership team meetings and strategy.
- · Accompany sales staff on high-level season ticket, group, and premium prospect meetings.
- · Produce daily reports and updates on key performance indicators for staff and management.
- · Actively participates in Team Member sales skills training and development opportunities.
Characteristics / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· A minimum of 3+ years of ticket sales and/or service management experience.
· A proven track record in relationship building and networking skills with ability to interact effectively and professionally.
· Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
· Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
· Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.