Employment Duration: Part Time (September 29th, 2017 – April 30th, 2018 with the potential of playoffs)
Closing Date: September 8th, 2016
Tryout Date: September 8th, 2016 7pm
The Stockton Heat are looking for high-energy, self-motivated individuals with a fan-friendly attitude and willingness to help, to join our team of Hot Shots for the 2017-2018 season. This position requires heavy interaction with the Heat fan base, to achieve our game day objective of creating a total fan experience that exceeds expectations. As a valuable member of the Hot Shots, you report directly to the Director of Game Operations and will be responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service, engaging with fans regularly, and executing all in-game promotional activity at Stockton Heat home games.
§ Tryouts will be held at Stockton Arena, 248 W. Fremont St. Stockton, CA 95203, on September 8th, 2016 at 7 pm.
§ Arrive at tryouts by 6:30 pm to check in. Tryouts will last 1-2 hours depending on how many applicants there are. After the tryout, those selected will sign up for an individual interview time the following week.
§ Please arrive in comfortable exercise clothes with a valid ID.
- Enthusiastically assist with tailgate and concourse activities including entertainment, promotional giveaways, monitoring tables, and fan engagement creating in arena atmosphere.
- Assist in creating memorable fan experiences by acting in live skits on the video board including the Dance Cam, dressing up as characters, dancing in-stands, etc.
- Must possess the following improvisational skills:
- Ability to read and react to a situation, interact and engage with fans of all ages, interact and entertain off the cuff, and entertain in different environments
- Approach fans pre-game and in-game to select and explain details of promotions, ensuring contestants clearly understand and are prepared to participate, waivers are signed and contestants meet all criteria before the activity takes place.
- Attend pre and post-game meetings on game days, taking detailed notes, assisting with setup and tear down of promotional activities in-arena as well as outside at tailgate parties.
- Communicate positively and professionally with staff and fans, delivering excellent customer service by acting as the first point of contact during games and events.
- Maintain constant communication with the Director of Game Operations and other staff via headset/walkie.
- Act as brand ambassadors at various events and appearances throughout the community
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Skating abilities preferred but not required
- Available to work a minimum of 25 Heat home games
- Must be flexible to work weekday shifts as early as 5:00 PM, weekends and holidays (if necessary) during the day and evening and stay until the end of the game
- Candidates should be outgoing, reliable, organized, be able to think quickly and possess good communication and customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic team player who is comfortable in front of large crowds and engaging fans of all ages
- Ability to deal with frequent change and work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Working with enthusiasm and professionalism at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and walk/stand for up to 60 minutes