The Charlotte Checkers are seeking candidates for the position of Brand Ambassador. This position offers an inside look at the day to day operations of the Charlotte Checkers Hockey Team. This is a fun fast-paced internship that will add real work experience to your Sports Marketing Coursework. This is an ideal internship for college students looking to get started in the sports industry.
*This internship is unpaid*
**Up to five positions will be filled**
The focus of this internship will be to provide an intern with the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of the game operations department. The intern's primary responsibilities will be to assist in customer service efforts as well as help with execution of fan experiences. Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside the Checkers front office staff and will be actively involved in the successful execution of the Charlotte Checkers 2017-18 season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be an ambassador for the team and help create extraordinary fan experiences
- Assist Checkers staff with the execution of fan experiences
- Assist with box office and ticket information duties on game days
- Assist with customer service efforts at Bojangles’ Coliseum
- Be knowledgeable about the Checkers brand
- Enrolled undergraduate or graduate level student pursuing a degree in sport management or a related field
- Strong creative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, as determined by the game schedule
- One semester in length (15 weeks)
- 4-12 hours per week (negotiable)
- Must attend a majority of, if not all, Charlotte Checkers home games
- Please note we are able to work with student schedules given that absences are reported with advance notice to the Internship Coordinator.