This position is a Staff Accountant position in the Finance Department of the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. The position will handle accounting duties for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms as well as the Tim Hortons Franchise stored located in the PPL Center. This position reports directly to the Controller.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform the monthly preparation of company financials.
· Maintain employee records.
· Bank reconciliations.
· Process receipt of vendor invoices and monthly reconciliations.
· Coordinate the payroll process with an outside payroll processor.
· Process all monthly Sales and Use filings.
· Perform monthly billings.
· Maintain the Aged Receivables reconciliation.
· Assist with all Game Day activities as deemed necessary by the Controller.
· Perform such other accounting, financial, and/or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required. Degree(s) must be from a credible college or university. 2+ Years of experience preferred.
· Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data as well as skilled in Microsoft products
· Knowledge of Sage Accounting software is a plus