Staff Accountant, Finance, Harbor Yard Sports and Entertainment – Bridgeport, CT
The Staff Accountant reports to the Finance Director. This position maintains the general ledger accounts, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist the Finance Director with the day-to- day, monthly, and year – end operations of the Accounting Department
· Record and reconcile the daily ticket batches
· Prepare and execute journal entries
· Assist with settlements for the events held at Webster Bank Arena
· Various P&L and balance sheet account analysis
· Account Receivable account reconciliations
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· Experience with Microsoft Great Plains a plus
· Be able to demonstrate attention to details
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· BA in Accounting
· 1 to 3 years of accounting experience
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter with your resume.